[Wine] Re: Exploring Folders

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Wed Oct 12 11:53:21 CDT 2005

penna at bb.com.br schreef:

>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:00:00 +1000, in
>> gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user you wrote:
>>
>>> I have also tried using launching a Linux equivillent (Naultilus
>>> on the
>
> particular system we are testing on Slackware) but it does not
> launch, I assume as it is a Linux program not a Win32 program.
>>
>> Wine happily launches Linux app's. I can launch nautilus by double
>> clicking in winefile.
>

> Sorry for the question but what is a "winefile"??

Winefile is an application included with Wine; it's a file manager. Many
users don't realize that it exists, like regedit and notepad, which you
can run with the commands wine regedit and wine notepad. I think there
might be a version of minesweeper as well, but I don't know what it's
called, since I never liked minesweeper anyway.

In any case, just run

winefile

in a terminal or Run dialog to check it out.

HTH,
Holly