[Wine] Re-installing

SnapafunFrank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Tue Oct 18 19:23:34 CDT 2005

To help the bug list out I'm about to update wine from *20050830
<http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=353003> to
**20050930
<http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=360902> .

My concerns here is that I do this correctly to ensure I get a helpful
result, but :

1. I have BricsCAD for Linux installed and know that if I go for a clean
install ( rpm -e wine then rpm -ivh wine~ ) this program gets
uninstalled along the way and I lose all my user preferences - real
bummer. ( I can not as yet track down what the preferences config file
is nor whether or not overwriting the new installation with it will work.)

2. I also have CrossOver standard 4.2 installed which enabled me to
install ( amongst others ) a program called PlanBee.

( PlanBee is the subject of the bug I've had with wine directly so not
of major concern 'cause I will need to uninstall - reinstall PlanBee
anyway to test for the bug.)

Q. I take it that I will lose all associations with these secondary
installations by going for the clean installation so ask if there is a
compatable alternative that will still ensure I get helpful info for the
bug list ?
*

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213  [ http://counter.li.org/ ]