[Wine] Wine is very slow

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:54:11 CDT 2006

ARMAND Morgan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to perform a installation of FF8 with wine, but the
> installation is very slow.
> About 2h to perform 10% of the install. Is there any reason about that ?
> I've a good configuration so it's not the fault of my pc.
First of all, if you have a Celeron, no matter how fast of a celeron it
is, your PC sucks. Celeron is, as stated by an ex-employee of Intel, "a
bunch of spare transistors thrown together to make a cheap Pentium for
the worthless bastards in India." (sic)

It should be noted that the quoted comment above was referring to
Pentium 4-compatable Celerons, and benchmarks can back it up.

> Second, no network connexion is available. Can I make it works ?
Please learn better English. If you can't take the time to produce
decent English, then we can't be bothered to read your postings.