[Wine] Re: Wine message re glx - what can I do about it?

David Dawson gobble_em_up at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 04:08:01 CDT 2006

Paul Romanyszyn wrote:

> Switching from Mandriva 2005 le which used xfree to Mandriva 2006 with
> xorg on two different motherboards both with built in video became
> unstable. One had S3 unichrome the other intel 845 (i think). The
> unichrome xorg driver has bugs and openchrome was a little better but
> still would reboot X. I install a nvidia Geforce fx5200 and no more x
> crashes.
>
> Some problems with xorg and unichrome or openchrome.
> 1. Wine applications crash X. Going a few commits one way or the other
> seems to changes the memory map  and fixed the crash.
> 2. Some cursor problems on switcher cad running under wine.
> 3. Other Linux cad programs Qcad and Eagle pcb software would crash X
> when panning.
> 4. Cad programs writing out of the window and even on other desktops.
>
> All fixed with the addition of an agp video card.

Well, I did the upgrade to Etch and (with an AGP video card all along),
didn't notice much difference. Seems that the Windows apps under Wine that
did work still do and the ones that didn't still don't. I'll test a few
more anyhow.

--
If you wrestle in the mud with a pig.
you both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

-- Dave Dawson