[Wine] Re: Fedora Core 5 Wine newbie

digimars kenneth.l.armstrong at us.army.mil
Mon May 8 14:57:32 CDT 2006

OK, got the game Elite Force to install, had to use the demo32.exe file
on the CD.  I ran winecfg and it automatically used OSS for my sound
system.  But when I installed the game, I got no sound, and after the
game successfully installed, it put icons on my desktop.  I tried to
run the game from the icons on my desktop, but it said that I must
first have the CD in, which I did and it was already mounted.  I tried
to run the game from the demo32.exe menu, and it gave me the same
message.  To make sure that my sound was working, I popped an audio CD
in and it worked fine.  Any suggestions?  I would really like to be
able to get this stuff to work, so I can get away from Windows as much
as possible.