[Wine] Cannot start Photoshop

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:35:41 CDT 2006

On 19/10/06, Hiji <hijinio at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Photoshop 7 should work out of the box on Wine.  You shouldn't need
> winetools.  I haven't tried on the lastest version of Wine, but this was
> the norm in the past.  Read through these comments:
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1336

I wish that it would run for me. On the latest wine:

dotancohen at ubuntu:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop 7.0$
wine Photoshop.exe
fixme:actctx:QueryActCtxW stub!
X Error of failed request:  BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device
 Major opcode of failed request:  145 (XInputExtension)
 Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_OpenDevice)
 Serial number of failed request:  35

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/
http://gmail-com.com/