[Wine] Parallel port access

Ian Malcolm ian.ma1co1m at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 31 02:35:31 CST 2006

I have a small Visual Basic app for a prom programmer which uses the
parallel port (lpt1) to control the programmer. It uses a third party
dll (io.dll) to give vb direct access to the hardware. I cannot get wine
to see that port at all. I have given myself rw mode to /dev/parport0,
there is a link (ln -s /dev/parport0 lpt1) in ~/me/.wine/dosdevices as
described in the user notes. The app is a compiled .exe file so should
only need its own dll's etc which I am sure it has.
Running wine-0.9.24, fc5.
Can someone please tell me exactly what the registry entries should look
like for this port? or is there something else I have overlooked?
Ian.