[Wine] Win98SE

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Sep 5 11:11:55 CDT 2006

> hello,
Hello!

> I, too have a game that i would like to run that only takes directx 6.0.
> I've installed wine and started to run the installation program, but it
> as me for directx. I cannot find any place that will offer a free
> download of directx or a place that wont have it only for windows.
1) You cannot use DirectX distribution for windows. Wine is supposed to
   implement it by itself, with no additional downloads.
2) AFAIK there is no DirectX distribution for other platforms than for
   windows. So you cannot find it anywhere, because it doesn't exist :-).

> I was wondering if you knew of someplace that would help me in any way.
> thank you.
Did you look at WineDB, what they say about your game ?
Also, more details (wine version, OS/distribution it's running on etc.)
are needed to give you more help :-).
                    With regards, Pavel Troller