[Wine] Re: squares instead of font characters since wine-0.9.13

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Wed Sep 27 07:43:13 CDT 2006

Jonathan Ernst wrote:
>> Please stop the FUD, Wine has correct fonts

Good if your installation has, but according to this list many people suffer from broken fonts - as
I did for a long time until last night.

FUD: a) Familienunterstützender Dienst, b) Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

To me, copying the fonts very much reduced my uncertainty and doubts about wine :-). (Although I
very much dislike the idea of needing an original version of that 'wide-spread OS from Redmond' to
make wine run properly.)

There are some other competely different issues that cause some 'uncertainty' for me (see
http://www.winehq.com/pipermail/wine-users/2006-September/023502.html), so by being more active on
this list I hope eventually someone will help me with that, too, and wine will become better.

Jens