[Wine] Re: MDAC 2.8 SP1 Required

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 30 01:16:15 CDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Jose asked:
> > I am trying to install a Windows program and it claim for install MDAC 2.8
> > sp1, but an error occur and the program stop.
> >
> > How do I get arround this?
>
> By installing MDAC 2.8 sp1 [using winetricks ...]

I see your post saying you had to do
   sh winetricks fakeie6 mdac28 vcrun6 wsh56
but your app still complains that WSH is not
installed.  The thing to do is post some information
about the application.  Is a downloadable demo
available?  If we can run it here, we can see what it's
looking for.  Otherwise, you might have to run the app with
  WINEDEBUG=+relay,+text,+file,+reg wine foo.exe > log 2>&1
and send a wine developer the compressed log...

Also, what version of Wine are you using?