[Wine] Problem on installing MS VM on wine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Aug 14 09:37:42 CDT 2007

On Tuesday August 14 2007 13:47, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Do I need to reboot PC?  I'll reboot it now.  If there is any change
> I'll come back.

	Linux isn't Windows, there is only two cases when you need to reboot: when
you change your hardware and when you change the kernel. In all other cases
reboot will not give you anything.

	Now back to your problem. In instructions on the Internet I see that it is
necessary to reboot Windows after msjave installation. In WINE you need to
execute:

WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6 wineboot

	This will ecmulate Windows reboot in WINEPREFIX with msjava. Then try to
launch IE6 and see if msjava is detected.

	If wineboot doesn't help then I will download msjava myself and will try to
find out what's the problem with it; in this case you can save me some time
if you give me the links to both files you are trying to install so I can
test them too and (hopefully) find the solution or at least the cause of
problems.