[Wine] dcom98 - native of builtin?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sat Dec 1 21:43:55 CST 2007

L. Rahyen wrote:
> On Saturday December 1 2007 20:57, Dan Sawyer wrote:
>
>> All, what is the status of dcom98? Is it still expected to run native?
>>

> 	It is expected that users will use builtin libraries. If it doesn't work you
> should file a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org .

L. Rahyen:

This is a known issue and have open bugs on the Bugzilla for many
programs.  I am looking at 10134, filed by Dan Kegel and is in the Wine
1.0 list as an example where .NET will not run reglib.exe
appropriately,  and their is a fix that was incorporated in 0.9.50.
However, I have not tested this, yet as I am waiting on a build for the Mac.

Dan:

At the present time, dcom98 is required to install SOME but not all
programs.

If you need to use dcom98, please file a bug report, but ONLY after
attempting to install without dcom98 and after a THROUGH search of Bugzilla.

If your bug is .NET related, this is already a known issue and may be
fixed in 0.9.50.

James McKenzie