[Wine] dcom98 - native of builtin?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Wed Dec 5 07:35:15 CST 2007

L. Rahyen wrote:
> On Sunday December 2 2007 03:43, James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> L. Rahyen wrote:

>>> 	It is expected that users will use builtin libraries. If it doesn't work
>>> you should file a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org .
>>>
>> L. Rahyen:
>>
>> This is a known issue and have open bugs on the Bugzilla for many
>> programs.  I am looking at 10134, filed by Dan Kegel and is in the Wine
>> 1.0 list as an example where .NET will not run reglib.exe
>> appropriately,  and their is a fix that was incorporated in 0.9.50.
>> However, I have not tested this, yet as I am waiting on a build for the
>> Mac.
>>

> 	I know a lot of known issues. But this doesn't matter. Users are *expected*
> to use builtin libraries. If this doesn't work they should go to the bugzilla
> and report a bug (of course they are expected to search for already reported
> bugs first so to not report known problem twice). They can provide some
> additional information such as "use of native dcom98 is an possible
> workaround" - this is useful to narrow down possible causes of a bug.

After a lengthy off-list conversation, I would like to state that we
need to triage issues and correct the
component to be appropriate. I would also like to add that we need to
add the keyword DCOM98 for
all issues where the solution is to use the native version of DCOM98.
This will allow the developers,
triage and quality assurance (those who test ths solutions) to quickly
determine which issuses need to
be examined whenever a solution is found. This can be extended to use of
other native dlls and program
packages. This will also allow others to quickly find workarounds until
a permanent solution is found.

James