[Wine] One executable, multiple data sources

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Thu Feb 22 07:49:17 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 13:01 -0500, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> I have an application that I am running in Wine, which is the newsreader
> Agent. When I ran it in Windows, I had one executable file, but multiple
> data sources, each in its own directory. This let me connect to
> different news servers, for instance, or have different combinations of
> newsgroups. In Windows, I could do this by creating different shortcuts,
> and configuring each one to "Open in..." and give the specific data
> directory.

> I am kind of new to Linux, and I am wondering if there is a way to do
> this in Wine.

If it accepts this sort of option

newsreader.exe c:\foo

that should work as long as they are all in .wine/drive_c/

As you're new to linux, try opening a terminal and type the word alias,
then press return
I get this
[dec at genius ~]$ alias
alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty'
alias ll='ls -l --color=tty'
alias ls='ls --color=tty'
alias vi='vim'
alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot
--show-tilde'
[dec at genius ~]$

add your own exactly as shown

you can also add variables this way