[Wine] using audio CDROM with EAC & Suse 10.2 (wine)

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Jan 31 13:47:04 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 04:59 -0500, flhtcu at gmail.com wrote:
> I could use some help setting up Exact Audio Copy using wine 0.9.24 and SuSe
> 10.2 with KDE 3.5xx
>
> My problem is finding the audio cd, If I put in a data disk, hal will
> update  /media/.hal.mtab will have an entry and create a temporary mounting
> point such as /media/new  I probably could  use that in winecfg to set up a
> mounting point for wine. However if I insert an audio disk, the hal   system
> does not create any mounting points nor can I find a way to create one, it
> only lists /dev/hdc any place in kde and if I try to mount /dev/hdc it gives
> me an error.

Why not try it the old-fashioned way first? Grab a terminal

su
<password>
mknod -m 0644 /dev/hdc  b  22  0 (in case udev hasn't picked up the CD)
mkdir -p /media/seedee
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/seedee

Distros are great until you have to tweak them - then they're a
nightmare.
BE SPECIFIC about errors 'threw an error' doesn't tell us much
--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.