[Wine] Fruity Loops 7

Travis Forghani travis at bowmanent.com
Fri Jul 20 10:52:55 CDT 2007

Hi,

I submitted Fruity Loop 7 to the AppDB and it got accepted and then
after a little while it got deleted.  I don't know why as the
notification did not give a reason.  Anyway, I've been testing it with
.9.41 and a lot of the issues have been resolved.  Sound latency is not
a problem.  In version .9.40 sampling/sound latency was an issue; now,
WINE does a better job than XP.  Fruity Loops 7 is about 60% functional
with WINE .9.40.  Fruity Loops is not able to find the WASP plug in even
though it is installed and the paths for it are correct in the
registry.  I compared directory structure of FL 7 on XP with directory
structure of FL 7 on WINE and they are identical.  Wasp is where it is
suppose to be.  I also compared the registry settings for FL7 on XP to
the registry settings on WINE and they are identical.  I am baffled as
to why FL 7 can't find Wasp.  Also,  a large quantity of the samples are
not playing.  I think that the majority of the things that do not work
in FL 7 on WINE are due to these samples not playing.  The sample that
are not playing are the samples in the Packs directory.  It seems that
the problem is mostly with .wav and .fst.  What is strange is that FL 7
is able to play some .wav files but not others and I haven't found a
.fst that it will play.  How can I post CLI output from WINE to the
list?  I will paste the output I have to another email.  It might get
blocked by the antispam mechanisms of the list.  Oh', I almost forgot.
I do receive a 1400 error during installation.  The error reads: Cannot
read access control list.  Error code 1400.

--
sincerely,

Travis Forghani
IT Administrator
Bowman Enterprises, Inc.

Cell: 919-795-9298
Office: 919-894-3662, Ext. 34

travis at bowmanent.com

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.