[Wine] Re: Is there a Memu system for MS programs insalled via wine?

Aggro spammerdream at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:45:32 CDT 2007

johnbl wrote:
> Have wine running in Ubuntu - dapper. Found and insalled winexs which
> is SO good. However the process of starting a programs exe is a tad
> time consuming and prone to error. Well for me who is a tad used to
> double click and it's away sort of windows xp....
> Ubuntu Applications > {whatever} seem like a great spot to have menu
> items of stuff to run under wine but for the life of me I can't see how
> to either edit these items or add to them.
>
> I simply can't be the only one with a ' drufffer ' of this nature but
> happy to accept I might be the only one who hasn't see the how to do
> it.

Do you mean how to create a "short cut" to a program you currently start
from command line? For example right click on your desktop and select
"create launcher", or right click on the panel and select "add to panel"
or right click on the top of applications-menu and select "edit menu"
and file->new entry or file->new menu and right clicking on menus or
entrys will show you properties.

Rest is obvious to me, but let us know if you need more help or if I
misunderstod you.