[Wine] Re: Erreur Automation

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:48:20 CDT 2007

ddurand wrote:
> I'm trying to install a VB program of genealogy : Visuged;
> (http://www.visuged.org/accueil.php3 )with the last version of Wine.
> The installation seems to work fine and I can launch the app. (the
> appareance is better with the last version).
> When I want to import a gedcom file and after save it as a mdb base, I
> get the following message in a box : "<Erreur n°-2147221166>
> <Erreur Automation>

I can't reproduce this problem here.  Loading visuged with
roughly the latest Wine (0.9.22), and importing the gedcom torture test
file
http://www.geditcom.com/gedcom.html
works fine here, or at least the app doesn't crash.

Exactly what version of Wine are you using, where did you get
it, how did you install it?
Can you reproduce the problem if you install visuged in a fresh
.wine directory with no native DLLs?
Can you import the torture test files
( http://www.geditcom.com/downlds/TestGED.zip ) with it?
- Dan