[Wine] Re: No License error message when running MSAccess via Wine

Tore Lund toreld at netscape.net
Mon Mar 19 00:49:16 CDT 2007

Robert McLean wrote:
> Does any one out there running MicroSoft Access 97 get this message
> when they try to run it via Wine ?
>
> "Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on
> this machine"

May I ask how far you get?  Did you manage to install the components you
want to drive_c?

For me, running SETUP.EXE works quite well.  I am able to enter the
license key and the installation starts.  However, after writing a few
files to System32, it says it cannot write a certain DLL and asks me to
check that the destination drive has enough space.  Needless to say,
there is plenty of drive space.
--
    Tore