[Wine] Re: No License error message when running MSAccess via Wine

Tore Lund toreld at netscape.net
Mon Mar 19 00:49:36 CDT 2007

Tore Lund wrote:
> Robert McLean wrote:
>> Does any one out there running MicroSoft Access 97 get this message
>> when they try to run it via Wine ?
>>
>> "Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on
>> this machine"
>
> May I ask how far you get?  Did you manage to install the components you
> want to drive_c?
>
> For me, running SETUP.EXE works quite well.  I am able to enter the
> license key and the installation starts.  However, after writing a few
> files to System32, it says it cannot write a certain DLL and asks me to
> check that the destination drive has enough space.  Needless to say,
> there is plenty of drive space.

Just a little update.  I had followed some bad advice and made some
unorthodox symlinks.  Having fixed this, I am at precisely the same
point as Robert.  Access97 installs fine, but I get an error message
when I try to run it ("no license for it on this machine").  The last
error message at the end of the install was that ACCWIZ.DLL was not able
to install itself in the registry.

I entered the CD key during the install - hence it seems to me that
Access should have all the licensing information it needs

Besides, it's not just a problem with Access.  Word and Excel work after
a fashion, but with many hiccups.  Grateful for further hints.
--
    Tore