[Wine] Re: Wine for command line only (Darwine/MacIntel)

Dennis Dennis
Mon Mar 19 00:50:53 CDT 2007

On 2006-11-17 15:54:29 -0500, Daniel Skorka <skorka at gmx.net> said:

> Dennis <dtempleton-at-virginia-dot-edu> wrote:
>> I "installed" the Darwine x86 package by copying it to the applications
>> folder.  Not surprisingly, not having it installed into /usr/bin I
>> can't access this via the terminal.   The FAQ is silent on this.
>
> You just copied the package? Not even extracted it? I don't know how
> things are done in the Mac World, but I'll hazard the guess that this is
> not sufficient to install software.

Yup, it seems so to me, but here is the info from the package:

How to Install
Drag and Drop the folder Darwine to your application folder.
!

Actually, this install works for the test apps, that use X11 windows.
However, they don't lead to a usable command line.
A lot more poking around lead to this thread:
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18111
Which has some instructions that look like a "real " install.
I'll try to come back and report, but that's what I have learned so far