[Wine] Re: ACT! 6.0 under Wine

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:52:08 CDT 2007

shane2peru wrote:
> I copied the windows msvcrt.dll over, there are actually 3 the other
> two are msvcrt20.dll msvcrt40.dll   I did them one at a time, and
> changed owner, then permissions to make them the same as the rest of
> the dll's in the system32 directory.  Ok, here is what I get:

> wine: Call from 0x7b840790 to unimplemented function
> msvcrt.dll._mbsspnp, aborting

I am a little puzzled by the sequence from this and the statements
below. Did you get the above error message after going into winecfg and
changing it to use the native msvcrt DLLs? Or does the statement below
mean that you didn't get that far to get these error messages?

>> You could always set the environment variable WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, and
>> then run ACT. It should show which DLLs it is actually loading.
> Can you explain how to do this?  Thanks.

You would set an environment variable by executing the command:
export WINEDEBUG=+loaddll

> I tried setting the
> configuration in wine to emulate 2000, I had been using xp, and I also
> used the default.  I really don't see much of a difference between the
> two.  When I go to the libraries, and add the msvcrt to native
> bulletin, ACT won't even start.  ??  I tried it as just native and it
> wouldn't start either.  ?    Thanks for the help.

That is a little unusual, since this is normally one of the few native
DLLs which can safely be used globally. I doubt the DLL is directly
causing the program to not start, so I guess maybe a correct msvcrt DLL
is causing ACT to break somewhere else in the program.