[Wine] Mailing list going beserk

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Tue Mar 20 11:21:23 CDT 2007

>>I just received a flood of e-mails from the list, over 200 messages,
>>with dates going back to July 2006. They all appear to be legitimate
>>messages based on the header info and the body. Since I only joined the
>>list a month ago, I doubt it's me.

We did system maintenance on the WineHQ server yesterday.

Apparently, the gateway between the newsgroup and the mailing
list has been broken, and has been broken for some time.

The mail flood is the result of that break being repaired,
so that the two are now linked again.  (You can see that the
emails flooding to wine-users are ones that originally were
posted to the newsgroup).

I'm not sure why the gateway broke, and I'm not sure why
it suddenly fixed itself.  I'll poke around a bit, but
that's the explanation.

Cheers,

Jeremy