[Wine] One toolbar button not working in Chart Navigator

John S. Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Tue Apr 29 13:38:05 CDT 2008

I had an installation of Mandrake Linux 10.1 (wine 0.9.9) for which
Maptech's Chart Navigator functionally worked  out-of-the-box.
Absolutely nothing was needed to be done to install or run, and
everything worked.

I attempted to install ChartNav on Mandriva 2007.0 which failed.  I then
attempted to compile most recent version from source, and Chart Nav
continued to fail on start-up.  I upgraded this system to Mandriva
2008.1 (Spring) and am now thus using the wine 0.9.58 package with that OS.

I got the install issues solved (native ws2help.dll and glu32.dll) and
the start up problem fixed (native dcom98) which have been documented
issues with this application.  I also have selected in winecfg to use
native ole32.dll, oldaut32.dll and rpcrt4.dll as native.

However, I am still having one issue that seems quite strange.  All
Chart Navigator functionality seems present except one: routes.

Whether clicking the "Routes" toolbar button or selecting "Routes" from
the menu, no route waypoints can be entered on the chart.  Everything
else works - Marks, Text Annotations, etc.  The toolbar button itself
highlights and appears selected, and the status line reads "Create a
Route Now by Clicking the Chart," but the app does not go into that
'mode.'   The mouse cursor does not change (supposed to be a crosshair)
and clicking a chart location does not enter waypoint.

My preliminary attempts to debug this with WINEDEBUG channels have not
gotten anywhere (yet), and I do plan to dig further.  But I was just
wondering if anyone could possibly shed some light on why one function
like this would not work when all else does?

Thanks.

--
John S. Riley