[Wine] Re: WINE and older games

English_Mohican wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 10 15:07:36 CST 2008

I know that up until about 6 month ago, ATI drivers were not considered as good as NVidia ones. Then ATI seemed to make big leaps forwards and there now seems a view (in some quarters) that ATI may even be slightly better than NVidia.

I own a laptop with an ATI card built in and believe that it plays Morrowind under Wine better than my desktop system does with an Nvidia graphics card under Windows. The laptop graphics should be better than the desktop being  newer but only marginally.

Does anyone have views based on current real data or is it all just the collected wisdom of the ages - and therefore potentially out of date.

I do not work for ATI!!!