[Wine] Fwd: Fwd: Wine on OpenBSD

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:48:10 CST 2008

To list as well!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/12/21
Subject: Re: [Wine] Fwd: Wine on OpenBSD
To: "Marcel W. Wysocki" <maci at satgnu.net>

2008/12/21 Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>:
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:18:37 +0000
> "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> How well does Wine presently work on FreeBSD? Presumably the FreeBSD
>> version isn't full of Linuxisms.

> dont know. i dont have a freebsd system.
> but it seems they do have the very latest wine version

You could try compiling from the FreeBSD source :-)

http://winehq.org/download/ links to
http://www.freshports.org/emulators/wine/ which is the Freshports
version, i.e customisations to the WineHQ tarball. I have no
experience installing a port, but it may be helpful to you to look
over their customisations to get it working on FreeBSD. (It might also
be useful for the Wine developers to see if the freshports packaging
contains anything useful to them in curing unnecessary Linuxisms.)

- d.