[Wine] Web Forums

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu Feb 28 10:07:00 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 8:57 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/02/2008, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
>   > On Saturday 23 February 2008, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>   >  from Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon at gmail.com> who wrote:
>
>   >  > Prefixes are useful in Subject lines if you have heaps of mail in one
>   >  > folder and need to filter, sort or search by eye.
>
>   > Which is exactly what I do, and the reason I would like it to remain.
>
>  Precisely. Deliberately making a user list hard to use in the ways
>   users typically use a list is stupidly arrogant.

It depends on who you're catering to.  If you're catering to the
stupid and ignorant, then you're right:  Bringing the list to this
decade's mailing list standards would be stupidly arrogant.  If you're
catering to people who are presumably using current software, then
there is no technical or social reason to keep living in the past.

That being said, if you can't handle List-ID filtering by this point
in time, what possible hope do you have of 1) contributing
constructively, or 2) getting wine to work at all?

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca