[Wine] Bug 13517: Forums breaking mailing list

Zachary Goldberg zgs at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 2 18:18:23 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursine.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 19:29 +0000, L. Rahyen wrote:
>
>> Talking like that: "Forums are "breaking" mailing list so let's break the
>> gateway instead!" doesn't help anyone. And breaking gateway is MUCH worse
>> thing. Therefore only proper solution to the problem is to fix the bug.
>
> I suggested a way to fix it in a mutually beneficial, WineHQ endorsed
> way.  People shit on it.

Firstly: With language like that how can you expect your idea to be
listend to and accepted?

Secondly: You seem to be the only person very upset by this.  I read
the history of this thread and the bugzilla and I legitimately do not
see any need to change anything.  Apparently I'm not alone either (see
above posts in this thread).

Thirdly: Even if there were a significant problem a complete switch to
a new system that this community is used to is most likely *not* the
optimal solution.  Just because you suggested it and its 'mutually
beneficial' does not mean it's correct or that it should be adopted.
Other proposals have also been offered which seem to require much less
drastic a change.

Finally: I move that we close this thread.  If there is still residual
discomfort about the few cosmetic issues surrounding the gateway would
any party willing to put fourth the work to fix the problem without
replacing the whole system start a new thread with their ideas?

--Zach