[Wine] Mailing list <-> forum gateway

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:26:01 CST 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I'm perfectly happy with whatever you do but if there are two lists
> let me know how to get signed up for whatever the new one is.

The right balance for me was to filter the forum user messages out in my
mail client. The bandwidth consumed is negligible and any interesting
threads that got deleted in error are still there in Trash.

I don't find the split lists work well - three of my local LUGs have
split into -chat -tech and -noise lists, so most people end up
subscribing to all anyway and those that don't tend to cross-post which
defeats the objective.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com