[Wine] Needs an administrator user to install

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Mar 18 19:54:08 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:49 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  Don't use Wine what you can get native Linux program. Period.
> If you don't know what to do with rpms -
> then you should ask your distro or ..
> change that distro to one that is supported by the program you want to run.

Now, now, I'm not sure we can brush off requests like
this so glibly.   There are plenty of reasons to, say,
use the Windows version of Java or Firefox in Wine
even though there's a native version.  It often
comes down to plugins.

So while it's fair to encourage users to go for the
native Linux versions of the apps, we should also
see if we can support the Windows versions.  It
might not be that hard.
- Dan