[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2007 and Wine only

christoff wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 27 06:10:01 CDT 2008

I decided to take a step back today and figure out what is really going on behind the scenes while running Microsoft Office 2007.

I downloaded Process Viewer 5.2.15.1 (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5178) and loaded that up took note of dlls operating on a clean install of Windows XP within VirtualBox.  I then fired up Word 2007 and then right clicked on WINWORD.EXE and viewed all of the DLLs running associated to it.

Well it turns out I didn't learn too much more then what I already knew, but it did clarify a lot of what I already knew.  I then started to play around with DLL overrides to try to get things running a little more smoothly.  I am still not there yet, but I think I am making some good progress.

Enclosed is a happy snap.
[Image: http://christoff.exofire.net/wine/WINWORD_DLLS.png ]