[Wine] still having problems with wine

darthkrevan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 21 19:25:47 CDT 2008

If you are unable to mount the DVD, make sure that /etc/fstab's entry for your cdrom has type auto.
If the installer asks you for disc 1 while installing, try copying the setup files to your home folder and install from there
Place d3dx9_29.dll in Wine's windows/system32 directory (usually ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32)
You must disable all compositing desktop managers before starting the game.

Click on the Add application button.
 Browse until you locate the .exe
 After it's been added you can choose the specific Windows version Wine will emulate for that application.

I'm having trouble with these two, I had neverwinter nights 2 installed but when I clicked on play from the menu it will show a screen with neverwinter nights 2 and mask of the betrayer but then it will go away and nothing. I have CnC3 Tiberium Wars installed but when I click start game it will act like it is going and shows a smaller srceen with the cnc3 intro ( i guess thats what you can call it) but then it will go back to the game menu.