[Wine] Re: [Solved] RSS no longer works

Fazer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 7 15:52:50 CDT 2009

I tried to open Wine RSS in Opera 10 beta 2 (build 1691) and found a bug in Wine RSS related to language / locale.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3939/winerssopera.jpg

It means

"Error in XML parsing! (Line: 43, character: 46)

Treat the document as HTML and show again."

As you can see in line 43, there is an error with Polish text "Wydanie rozwojowe Wine 1.1.26 jest ju| dostpne." (which means "The Wine development release 1.1.26 is now available.") It obviously fails at parsing Polish characters like "|" or further "".

When I click "Treat the document as HTML and show again." or if I just refresh the page, I can load it properly.

As a proof, I changed the language in Opera to English and the site loaded instantly without any errors. Setting the language back to Polish allows me to reproduce the error.

Looks like that's why Firefox didn't manage to view RSS feed. I hope it will be fixed soon :-)