[Wine] GE centricity viewer??

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Aug 12 13:44:44 CDT 2009

On 2009-08-12 (August, Wednesday) 16:24:30 Beartooth wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:18:13 -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> >>        Without terminal log it is unlikely that anybody will able to
> >>        help
> >> you because
> >> terminal log from Wine often contains some clues about what might be
> >> wrong. So
> >> please provide this log. [...]
> >
> > I think one problem with these instructions is some users do not have a
> > clue what a terminal is [....]
>
> 	No, that's not the problem. I use several terminals all the time.
> 	I have tried these :
>
> [btth at Hbsk2 CDH]$ pwd
> /media/CDH
> [btth at Hbsk2 CDH]$ autorun.exe
> bash: autorun.exe: command not found

	If you are in "/media/CDH" and this directory contains "autorun.exe" then this
cannot happen:

> [btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ wine autorun.exe
> wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\autorun.exe": Module not found

	"Module not found" in this case means you are trying to run non-existing (in
current directory; use pwd to check current directory) file.
	1) Use "ls" (without quotes) to make sure that .exe you want to run is really
there. If it is not then you are looking for it in wrong directory. For
example, to make sure that "autorun.exe" is really in /media/CDH/ run: "ls
/media/CDH/" (without quotes).
	3) Now, when you determined full path to .exe you want to run you can use
command like this:

wine start /Unix "/media/CDH/autorun.exe"