[Wine] WoW terrain.mpq and sound.mpq problem

luukasama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 17 07:30:49 CDT 2009

Hey guys, new registree here. I'm having a big problem installing world of warcraft, so I thought I would try and see if you guys have come across the same issue.

Basically, I just recently installed Suse 11.1, running a quad core i7 920, i7 x58 mobo, gts 250 gfx card. [this problem has happened to me on ubuntu as well].

Everytime I try to install WoW, it seems to be going fine until it gets to installing SOUND.MPQ file. Now, I never had this problem before, and I'm pretty sure the discs are not damaged. It would not install past the sound.mpq part, so I cannot put in more CDs to continue ahead. Then, I tried again for the fifth time and at that moment, it then errored at the terrain.MPQ part. I don't have the exact wordage on it, but perhaps someone heard of errors like that.

I tried to do the same thing with the wow installer from my account, but even then it would not work! Could it be possible it's doing that because I didn't pay for the account? But that would have no conneciton whatsoever I would think, because the CD does not cause the connection to the net to be activated. Help?