[Wine] Re: Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 5 19:52:56 CST 2009

tpatko wrote:
>  I know that there are way to build WINE into a more robust application (as with Winebottler,...etc) but I do not need anything this complex.  Since this WINE binary will be intended for use ONLY with this one program, I just need all of the WINE binaries delivered into a single directory without path or dependencies issue so that it the Windows binary can be run on any user's machine simply by calling this WINE binary to whatever location it will ultimately end up getting installed.

If you want, I could help you get it working right with Wineskin... thats basically what Wineskin is made for, taking a single Windows app and porting it over as a normal Mac app with Wine and X11 and everything bundled up in the .app, so nothing extra has to be installed to the machine.  It uses unmodified Wine source code, but I could make you a Wineskin compatible Wine compile with modified source if you'd like me too, just gimme the source or patch file and I can compile it.... it would be easier than you trying to replicate my whole environment.  It would allow you to bundle up the Windows app inside the Wineskin wrapper, and it would act like a normal Mac app at that point, and run on 10.4 - 10.6.  Once you see how it works, its actually pretty easy.

If you want to see more info on Wineskin... I listed it on 3rd party applications on the Wiki... or you can look here
http://wiki.winehq.org/Wineskin

if you get to the blog and look at the forums link, you'll have to register on the forums, but I have threads about custom Wine compiles and such.