[Wine] WoW - .EXE Starts, rendering is completely fail (screenies)

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:08:13 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:21 PM, willjeffery <wineforum-user at winehq.org>wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > willjeffery wrote:
> > > How can I fix this?
> >
> > Get a real video card - whatever Intel makes isn't one of those.
>

> Its intergrated. And I'm not buying a new computer just so I can run a game
> on a free OS. Any other ideas? Surely someone has gotten this working with
> the Intel 950 GMA chipset.

Nope. You need a full blown 3D video card to play WOW. I'll bet yours is a
2D. Not going to work with Wine and nobody will try. If your comp is a
desktop, buy a good Nvidea card. If it's a laptop, nothing you can do.

This has nothing to do with any OS, It's a function of current graphics
technology. Sorry to say that there is no way to work around it. You can
only do what the hardware lets you do.

Jim