[Wine] Mac OS X, DOS tools start X11, this is silly...

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Tue Dec 22 20:53:15 CST 2009

> Interesting as I was getting a message the the default font config file
> could not be found and now font metrics are being built every time I run
> Wine.

Hey James,

Does Mike's build package libfreetype or libfontconfig?  If DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH is pointed at the proper lib directory with Freetype+Fontconfig libs, this should be a one-time operation.  Metrics shouldn't be built every time Wine starts.

An aside: I'm working on a little (actually, ridiculous) script to compile Wine and all of the available prereqs on OS X:

  http://code.google.com/p/osxwinebuilder/

No user-friendly docs yet, but basically works and drops a full Wine install into...

  ~/wine/wine-X.X.X

Haven't had time to work on it this week, but I have a laundry list of things to do to make it nicer.  -r