[Wine] Dawn of War trouble and other questions

Canew wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 22 10:15:59 CST 2009

Hi:

I'm a relative noob to Wine, and I'm having a little trouble getting Dawn of War (regular, plus Winter Assault) to run under Debian Lenny. When I try to install it, it always tries to install automatically to the c: drive, which I don't want to do because I don't have enough space (running on a laptop).

I do, however, have a USB external drive, which I'd like it to load to, but I don't know how.

Also, I've run into the "wrong CD" problem, and read about how some people have had more success installing under a different version of wine. I'm using 1.0.1. How do I find a different version? What do I need to search for on this site to find other versions? Which version works best? Can I install with one version and run it with a newer version?