[Wine] WoW: Wrath of the Lich King issue

mpo7 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 23 17:00:45 CST 2009

I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.10 and Wine 1.15.  WoW Installs fine, once I launch it the fun starts :)

When I launch the game, it runs the intro video (normal for first launch after an install): after the video runs its course, or I skip it, it should prompt me to accept some EULA.  Instead it crashes and exits with:

Code:
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program:	C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
Exception:	0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0073:005D383C

The instruction at "0x005D383C" referenced memory at "0x0062AC9C".
The memory could not be "written".

It's just a generic exception, trying to chase it down turns up hundreds of #132's from Windows users, Mac users, etc...  :\

I'm not sure if hardware is relevant: if it is I'll gladly edit and provide.