[Wine] debugging segfaults

handsomepete wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 24 10:46:50 CST 2009

I have an application that segfaults for me (City of Heroes) with pretty definite repeatability.  Just to rule hardware type stuff out I've swapped some components and tried it on another system and both exhibit the same behavior.

It doesn't appear to be specific to any version of Wine, it started with the last update of the game.  When I try to run it with winedbg I can't seem to get it to start or display anything (the processes start, but no video output - I could certainly be doing this incorrectly), or if I attach to it from winedbg the app freezes.  With gdb I can run it fine but when it crashes it doesn't appear to do anything.  With +relay everything seems to run for a while very slowly - I imagine if I let it run overnight it would eventually get to the login screen.

If someone could spin me around and point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.  Thanks.