[Wine] DVDFab Platinum

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 10:46:51 CST 2009

Gert van den Berg <gert at mohag.net> wrote on Feb 24:

>On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Confuzzeled23
><wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> So, if there is anyone who knows how to install this, it would be greatly appreciated, as I have never used Wine and I am a brand new user to the Mac OS.
>
>http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4356
>might help...
>
>You need to install X11 on OS X first... (And Wine of course..) (Last
>time I played with Wine on my MacBook the OS X form my Tiger DVD
>worked fine, but I hear that it is no loger the case, XQuartz is
>usually recommended)
X11 installations are only necessary for MacOSX 10.4 or lower.  MacOSX 10.5 (Leopard) comes with X11 pre-installed.  However, the MacForge project XQuartz is assisting Apple with upgrades to the X11 product, adding features not included, fixing features not properly implemented and adding with version 2.4, OpenGL 1.3 libraries.  Their product installs on top of the X11 provided by Apple, not in replacement of.  Thus, if you are conducting any sort of X11 development, including Wine, you should
install the X11 Software Development Kit (SDK) before installing XQuartz.

To run Wine for the Mac on your system, it is not necessary to install the X11 SDK.

James McKenzie