[Wine] Wine64 status

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:28:55 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Aaron Slunt <tonglebeak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering something: the last time I've read anything on wine64 stated
> that it compiled, but couldn't run anything (complex at least). Just
> wondering as of feb 25, how is wine64 coming along? Have a 64-bit system,
> and due to a bug in 32-bit wine WoW crashes constantly due to using more
> than 4gb of memory, and I figured the 64-bit version won't have an issue
> with this...
>
> --
> Tired of being hammered by spyware, or want to browse the internet in a
> whole new way? Download Firefox and enjoy a much better internet experience.
> http://getfirefox.com/
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

It compiles and runs simple apps, but most things don't work yet.

I've got my computer running the conformance tests daily for 32-bit
and 64-bit wine, you can see the results here:
http://test.winehq.org/data/

e.g., for yesterday's git:
http://test.winehq.org/data/b86552f58d96f3bf3b324a6ed115a1c4a846174d/#group_Wine

Compare ae-ub-904 and ae-ub-904-x64 for the differences.

As you can see, there's a lot of work to be done :-).

--
-Austin