[Wine] Re: Issues with Wine and Star Wars Galaxies

rwoodsmall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 25 19:24:55 CDT 2009

Darwine is probably based on an old version of Wine, and likely not compiled with OpenGL support either; it probably won't work.  You might have better luck with compiling your own Wine from source or using either the "wine-devel" or "wine-crossover-games" packages from MacPorts.

Please note that latest Xquartz 2.3.3 packages are still in the "release candidate" stages, and not currently the stable version.  OpenGL in older versions doesn't work with Wine, however, so it's something of a catch-22 - you have to use the beta version to get Wine OpenGL/DirectX to work.  I've had more luck with running Windows apps, particularly games, with self-compiled, newer versions of Wine.  Enabling the "virtual desktop" functionality of Wine is almost a requirement as well, as Xquartz is lacking RandR, causing fullscreen apps to have issues.

Without a lot of work, you're might be out of luck for the time being.  I can attest that this is being actively addressed in Xquartz however, so hopefully something stable and working will be available sooner than later.