No subject

Tue Mar 17 14:04:44 CDT 2009

> Wine will select the language version of the resource to display basing on user settings. For example "LANG=ru_RU winecfg" will launch winecfg in Russian (if you have Russian locale information installed in Linux/your other native system).

I have tried this. However, it has never worked for me; Wine just completely ignores my environment variable. Japanese Windows apps will NOT use the correct encoding to show text correctly, and doing something like "LANG=nl_NL winecfg" doesn't change winecfg or any other application into Dutch. I do have Dutch and Japanese localizations installed on my Ubuntu rig through the distro's Language Support dialog, but it doesn't seem to make a difference...

What seems to be the problem? I'd like to improve Dutch translation, but I can't really test the results like this...