[Wine] Re: Can't get Photoscape to run :-(

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 2 09:20:58 CDT 2009

MT Brain wrote:
> Hmmm, that's interesting. I definitely installed to a new Wineprefix, and Photoscape was the one and only thing I installed. Thanks for the link to the FAQ - what worries me: if I follow the steps described there, am I not going to lose the menu entries for wincfg, the uninstaller and "Browse C:\ drive" as well?

Yes. You can always just browse to those directories and manually delete only the items you want.

> Also, removing old entries will not solve my other problem: when I installed Photoscape, no menu entries were created for it. Sure I could do it manually, but something must be screwed up so they no longer get created automatically.

There's a whole thread here somewhere about menu problems in Gnome, and AFAIK, there is no solution yet.

> Also, when I run Photoscape with the new version of Wine, I get the "serious problem" error window after the following output:

That error window is just telling you that something crashed, which you know anyway from the console output.

Try this: in winecfg, set gdiplus to builtin only, then try running the app.