[Wine] Re: Can't connect USB Serial (COM3)

folderol wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 3 05:12:15 CDT 2009

I have a similar problem with a real serial port with ubuntu 9.04, so I suspect it's not a FTDI problem - besides the USB>serial translation itself is done in the host system not in wine.

Connecting to another computer I have no problems sending data back and forth via gtkterm or cutecom in any linux distro.

I've tried several serial port readers in wine and they all suffer the same problem. They send data fine but can't reliably receive it. As you say, the very first receive seems fine but then characters get lost from the begining of a line, then it gets progressively worse :(

I have 3 programs that are windows only and use the serial port so I would dearly love to be able to junk my windows partition!