[Wine] Re: Can't connect USB Serial (COM3)

nerdful_things wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 4 09:45:20 CDT 2009

I have been pursuing this for 2 days, and your post might help. Amazing you posted so recently.
I was just about to post in the forums, and I had just emailed an apparent successful user in the appdb.
I may just need help with pointing to my ports, as you have been showing above.
I have a USB astronomy imager, SBIG st-2000xcm, works in XP.
When done installing app and app driver finder from SBIG (Ccdops) all installs but when plugging in the camera nothing happens.

I came to winehq here because someone says it is platinum running in wine on Ubuntu.
I started out with my main system and PCLinuxOS 2009 and the exact symptoms.

Maybe I am very close, could one of you tell me how to point my WINE entity to my USB port? Now I know you are talking usb/rs232, but maybe the other guy can point me in right direction. Here is my lsusb: I am only lightly familiar with linux code details, but no longer a noob.
$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0d97:0001 Santa Barbara Instrument Group SBIG Astronomy Camera (without firmware)
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c512 Logitech, Inc. LX-700 Cordless Desktop Receiver
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 124b:4d01 Nyko (Honey Bee) Airflo EX Joystick
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Maybe a kernel thing? I haven't tried an older kernel yet on my pclos. I installed the latest Ubuntu to pursue this.

 I also have plenty of boxes to play with.

P.S. I have orig STAMP, and always wanted a PC scope to replace my bulky Tektronix, how is it?