[Wine] OneNote2007 and Wine

omsafiaa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 3 19:09:11 CDT 2009

Hi
I am sorry if I am repeating what has already been asked but I've looked through what seemed to be relevent and got lost after about one sentence!

I have just bought and Acer One running Linpus Linux Lite which is the first time I have used a Linux based PC.

I really would like it to run OneNote2007.

So in the last 7 hours I've learnt loads of stuff but still haven't managed it!

I have installed WINE version 1.1.9 and this all seems to be fine.

Then I have copied the install files for OneNote onto an SD card and installed it from there onto a USB drive - I didn't want to use all my memory with OneNote as I won't use it every time I use the PC.

I've added the files in WINE config and set them all to run as Windows XP.

And it nearly opens up but seems to crash at the last minute when opening a notebook from the usb stick which i started on my windows pc.
I think it actually opened the first time when I wasn't asking it to read my work notebook.

Could you please let me know what I should do next - but simply cos my brain is rapidly shutting down now!!!!

Thank You