[Wine] Cannot associate nzb with GrabIt

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu May 7 13:00:51 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 04:44, James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> aspireoneuser1 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I follow the instructions to install WINE on Ubuntu 9.04 and it works fine.  Then I downloaded GrabIt and installed it.  An item is added to the desktop which I can double click to invoke GrabIt.
>>
>> Now the problem, I want to associate nzb with GrabIt instead of LottaNzb.  How can I do that?  TIA.
>>

> Ask in the Ubuntu User forums.

There is some Wine-related issues as well....

You might want to write a small shell script that takes a Unix path to
a NZB file and launches grabIt / alt.binz with the Windows path as an
argument. You can then associate the files with the script. (Following
general instructions for your distro / desktop environment /
freedesktop standards)

http://wiki.winehq.org/winepath will handle the conversion to Windows path.

If you're having trouble with the scripting, I might give it a shot...

Lots of scripting background: http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sh.html and
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/

Gert